Cetaris builds leading-edge Enterprise Asset Management software to help some of the world’s largest organizations to manage millions of fleet and fixed assets in over fifty countries. We enable customers to mine mission-critical data to optimize the maintenance of their assets. In 2020, Cetaris won Best Tech Work Culture at the Timmy Awards. Visit www.cetaris.com/careers to learn more about us!
Being a Quality Assurance professional at Cetaris means working on incredible projects, using the latest technologies, mastering your craft, and working on a product team with some of the most talented people in the industry. The Cetaris team are friendly, collaborative people working together to develop a suite of applications for our industry-leading customers. We are passionate about solving complex business problems using Agile methodologies and QA best practices.
About the role
Our newest Cetaris product development team is looking for an Intermediate Software Quality Assurance Analyst with experience in both automated and manual testing. In collaboration with our Development team, you will play a supporting role helping the team implement a new automated test framework and related processes using Cypress, while also learning the business rules and testing new UIs manually as needed.
As an Intermediate SQAA, we understand that you are still refining your skills and independence while having depth and experience to enable you to have a voice in team decision making and to take on more advanced challenges with the support of senior SQAAs. We will help you grow in your career by giving you an opportunity to learn alongside a passionate and seasoned team.
Hours and location
Flexible work hours.
Remote work: During these unprecedented times, our team has been 100% working from home. While this may change in the future, our primary goal is to keep our team and their families safe during the pandemic.
Our northwest Toronto (Etobicoke) office is easily accessed from 427, 401, 400, and 407 as well as by public transit. Free parking is available for all team members.
This is a permanent full-time position (40 hours/week), with an annual salary (based on experience) plus bonus. Shared medical, dental, wellness, and insurance benefits.
What you will do
- Advocate for quality above all else and escalate quality issues
- Work with the other SQAAs to create and automate test scenarios to test Cetaris’ next generation base product
- Make use of tools such as Cypress, Postman, and DevOps to help product delivery
- Work closely with the SQAA team to document test plans and test cases, execute tests, document test results, and maintain SCR database
- Help the team set up and continually improve QA processes
Requirements and skills
- Post-secondary studies in computer science, web development, software quality assurance, or related field
- 2+ years’ experience manual testing of mobile, tablet, desktop, and responsive web-based applications
- Experience testing Web UIs using Cypress, Selenium, or similar test automation tools
- Experience testing RESTful based APIs using Postman and Newman
- Automation level coding skills including the ability to read and write HTML, CSS
- You have a love for complex business rules
- You are strong at communicating test scenarios and test results verbally and in writing
- You are passionate about empathizing with customer/user requirements
- You realize there is never one right answer and always search out new solutions to complex problems in collaboration with others
- Load testing using JMeter, LoadRunner, or similar tools
- Azure DevOps Test Suite experience
- Database experience with hands-on SQL knowledge
- Able to write SQL queries
- Experience in Agile projects
- Familiarity with the transportation/logistics industries or maintenance software
Why you want to be at Cetaris
- When we’re working from home – virtual team events including cooking classes, online games, costume contests, and other on-camera fun
- When we’re in the office - outdoor team events including good food, skiing, summer BBQs, foosball tournaments, potlucks, boat rides, and more
- Flexible work hours
- Sit/stand workstations
- Learning support customized to your needs
- Health benefits
- Support for you and your significant others during Covid times
Our core values
- Respect the Individual
- Work with Integrity
- Encourage Innovation
- Strive for Excellence
- Persevere – Never Give Up
- Always Learn & Share
- Have Fun – Enjoy the Journey
How to contact us
If our Intermediate Software Quality Assurance Analyst role sounds like a good fit for you, please send us your letter of introduction and resume to email@example.com. We thank you for your interest in Cetaris, and will contact you if you are selected for an interview.
Accessibility and inclusion at Cetaris
At Cetaris, we believe in providing a safe, equitable, and accessible space for all. If you are an applicant with a disability, we ask you to reach out to discuss your accessibility needs at any phase in the application process. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the conversation.