Cetaris builds leading-edge Enterprise Asset Management software to help some of the world’s largest organizations to manage millions of fleet and fixed assets in over fifty countries. We enable customers to mine mission-critical data to optimize the maintenance of their assets. In 2020, Cetaris won Best Tech Work Culture at the Timmy Awards. Learn more about us at cetaris.com!
About the role
Being a Developer at Cetaris means working on incredible projects, using the latest technologies, mastering your craft, and working on a product team with some of the most talented people in the industry. The Cetaris team is a friendly, collaborative group of people working together to develop a suite of applications for our industry-leading customers. Our team is passionate about solving complex business problems using Agile methodologies and paired development.
Hours and location
Flexible work hours.
During these unprecedented times, our team has been 100% working from home. While this may change in the future, our primary goal is to keep our team and their families safe during the pandemic.
This is a permanent full-time position (40 hours/week), with an annual salary (based on experience) plus bonus. Shared medical, dental, wellness, and insurance benefits.
What you will do
- We are looking for a Senior .NET Software Developer to join our System Integration development team to design, develop, document, unit test, and deploy plug-ins and APIs that integrate with 3rd party systems in response to customer requirements (systems such as Accounting, ERP, Ordering, Dispatch, ELDs/Vehicle Telematics, and Warranty to name just a few). The team writes system integrations from third party software to Cetaris applications.
- Collaborate with Business Analysts, vendors, and customers to automate data imports and exports involving 3rd party systems.
- With the support of your team, you will estimate statements of work, investigate and understand business rules, perform research to solve customer facing problems, explore proof of concepts, and write clean code.
- In line with team culture, have ownership and end to end responsibility for solutions including knowledge transfer to operational and deployment teams.
- You will provide 2nd level customer support for issues such as database performance, deadlocks, and permission issues.
- Engage in paired programming to assist other .NET Developers.
- Participate in our agile process and focus on continuous process improvement.
Requirements and skills
- You have 5+ years’ design and development experience writing server-side business and/or integration solutions in C# (minimum. 7.3), .Net, and SQL or T-SQL language
- Database development and query writing are areas where you shine
- Understanding of C# data types, generics, Big O notation
- Experience preparing estimates including whiteboard diagramming based on technical specifications for Statements of Work
- Be familiar with security protocols including OCID/OAuth2
- Experience with applications using ADO.Net, ASP.Net, using XML/JSON/CSV/Proto Buffer
- Unit testing is a key part of your process, and you’re familiar with integration testing
- You have solid knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio
- Experience working with source control systems
- You like to be in a super-collaborative environment
- You are strong at prioritizing tasks and meeting deadlines
- You are able to embrace the best idea even when it is not your own
- A quick learner with passion for solving business problems and meeting user needs
- You can clearly articulate your design ideas and concepts to others verbally and in writing. At the same time you are open minded and adaptable enough to collaborate on the final design
- Post-secondary education in computer science, engineering, web development, or other equivalent certifications/diplomas
- Experience with asset management software or transportation industry or curiosity to learn
- Knowledge of containerization such as Docker, and Kubernetes or similar MS orchestrator
- Familiar with Kerberos
- MS SQL Server knowledge
- Enterprise Service Bus / AMQP programming using Publisher/Subscriber or Notification patterns
- C# compiler as a service
- .NET COM Interop
Why you want to be at Cetaris
- When we’re working from home – virtual team events including cooking classes, online games, costume contests, and other on-camera fun
- When we’re in the office - outdoor team events including good food, skiing, summer BBQs, foosball tournaments, potlucks, boat rides, and more
- Flexible work hours
- Sit/stand workstations
- Learning support customized to your needs
- Health benefits
- Support for you and your significant others during Covid times
Our core values
- Respect the Individual
- Work with Integrity
- Encourage Innovation
- Strive for Excellence
- Persevere – Never Give Up
- Always Learn & Share
- Have Fun – Enjoy the Journey
How to contact us
If our Sr .NET System Integration Developer role sounds like a good fit for you, please send us your letter of introduction, a link to your portfolio if you have one, and resume to email@example.com. We thank you for your interest, and will contact you if you are selected for an interview.
Accessibility and inclusion at Cetaris
At Cetaris, we believe in providing a safe, equitable, and accessible space for all. If you are an applicant with a disability, we ask you to reach out to discuss your accessibility needs at any phase in the application process. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the conversation.